Have a seat ladies and let me tell you a bedtime story. I knew a girl once with the same hair as mine. She did not know what to do with it. She gelled the curls, straightened it every so often. It was not stylish and she needed a solution. So one day she had her hair cut into a bob, a lob, a tousled noggin of chestnut hair. It became easier to style and straighten and curl. It was a wonderful move. Even the humidity surrendered and let her mixture of goops and serums do their job.
I too have made that move. Since my hair is so long and I want it short I am donating the extra to Locks of Love. It's not that big of a deal because if I'm going to chop the stuff off anyways I might as well ship it the people to do something with. Moving on.
I went to my hair lady, Debbie. She has always respected my hair plans and been totally fun to talk to. I used to be the no talky client but with her we just laugh and laugh. Today we talked about Louis Vuitton stripper shoes and our Dan husbands; she has a Dan too :)
She cut the stuff off for the donation then went to work. She had it at my shoulders and I said go shorter. Her eyes lit up like a dang Christmas tree. She used Moroccan oil on it. I can still smell it. The A/C just kicked on and flashed my short hair by my nose. So delish. Might need to go get me some. Anyways, Debbie said I was her favorite cut of the day but I know I'm probably gunna remain her fav for the week. I mean come on. Look see.
Before. Sass.
My Hair-spiration
After, complete with hives from the excitement!!
Office swag. What?!
I think it will be super fun to let it be a juicy fro one day, then a tousled crop the next, then straight like today. Goodbye hair of my youth and HELLO NEW DO!!