Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Golden Girls

Last night the Dan Wam Fam saw the girls gymnastic team take gold for the first time since 1996 (thank you commentators for saying that over... and over... and over... and over......geeze...got it. good job.... everybody)! It was an awesome night to watch the games. Lots of U.S. winners in many sports.

image credit: pop sugar, fitsugar

As I breezed through all my Olympic DVR'd events Dan looked and me and said, 'you wouldn't be considered Un-American if you didn't watch the games'. To which I ignored and continued on.

Dan was on fire last night with his goofy comments.
Watching the girls compete, "They really DO make this look easy! I can't even roll out of the bed in the morning".
 
image credit: bleacher report.

Commenting on the Russians he tells me, "I'm glad you're not Russian. Your hair doesn't start that far back (from your ears)".
I pull my hair back and ask, "Really?!"
He goes, "Yea, give me your phone and I'll take a picture".
That's teamwork.
image credit: upi.com



The Russians had a tough night. Dan said, "Stop sippin' on that vodka...Ah...I'm mean...No, I'm not mean. Screw Rrussia".

image credit: Kansas City Star

We love you, American athletes and we will continue to watch the games to prove it.