Monday, September 17, 2012

Top Ten Revised...Number 1 And A Half



Top Ten Number 1.5  Per Joan, my second mother, I missed one very important part of me...LSU!!! I love me some LSU. The campus, the state, the mascot, the football team. It is my heart. It is in my blood and I will never shake it.  School was a place where I grew up and learned who I was going to be as an adult. Being an alum to such an amazing place is a huge gift from God and my parents. My school spirit is shared with my friends and family. They are obsessed too so if I get my facts wrong or don't yell as loud as they do I would be looked at sideways.


If you don't have school spirit for where you went maybe you were not able to take advantage of all that your school offered. Maybe college for you was like high school for me; a place to work and get out and move on.

For me, college was extra special. My parents and Mamaw and Gran-gran worked hard to let me go to that school and be a DG. I never forgot that they were the reason I got to be there. Everyday was a blessing. I had a job and worked the entire time I was at school. I missed all but four games my freshman and sophomore years because I had to work (I had tickets but sold many of them because I needed the money and was most often scheduled to work during the games).  I was an officer or highly involved in a social organization the whole time and I graduated in four years. I have a sizable amount of student loans to pay back because of the school I chose. I'm not trying to boast or complain, really. I'm just laying out the facts that make my school so sweet to me.  I am forever a Tiger. Love Purple, Live Gold, baby!!