Last night my church hosted their annual Trunk or Treat. About 10 cars set up. Some decorated their trunks, others set up their tailgate to look like a haunted house, some hosted games out the back of their SUVs...I simply taped up poster board and sat in a lawn chair. Lol call it lazy if you will, I call it brilliant. BAM. Done. The kids were super cute and I got some really sweet, excited reactions to the truck. "Tow mater!" Lightning McQueen" ..."That one movie!!". I had no idea what to call this thing so I said it was Tow mater's cousin 'Chevy Bow Tie'...? Not a very creative name but it works. I should have used more white poster board to cover the grill and cranked the wheels to look sportier, but oh well, maybe next year. I will definitely have Dan bring the red mustang so I can dress it up like the real Lightning McQueen; park the cars all on an angle like a car show. Dreamin' big.
This was my trunk or treat neighbor. The clown on his work truck was pretty creepy. He had it on a pully/simple machine system. The head spun, the eyebrows went up and down, and the arms waved. The kids were fascinated. Either they cried or they laughed and imitated it. All very entertaining for me.
We had about 100 kids come by. I was impressed. It lasted only two hours therefore the pain of seeing teens in inappropriate outfits and adults collecting candy for newborns was thankfully cut short. I kid. No I don't. All in all a relatively happy memory.
Anyway, I hope you had a great Halloween!