Big Dude is 15lbs 5oz. I took him to the doctor Monday to check out his back-end system. It seems to be on the fritz again. The doctor wasn't concerned so Diaper Watch 2014 continues on my end...of his end...ew.
Super cool moment today. I was snuggling my little buddy before taking him to the doctor. He was still very sleepy so he snuggled up to me and closed his eyes. I spoke a few words to him and he smiled...oh my heavens... I did it again to see if it was a coincidence...it wasn't. He kept on smiling when I spoke to him...and man, it was THE best. His eyes stayed closed the whole time. I can only imagine what he was imagining...probably recalling me bopping around in front of him to entertain him as I do on the daily.
One of his first nappy-poos in his crib. It lasted maybe 20 minutes. Not enough time but still pretty cute..JPG)
Tummy timin' it
My church's youth group was having a fish fry so I brought the Bruce. I didn't help much having one hand to work with but I was able to catch up with and show off the baby to a bunch of church friends including our pastor who let me know that babies love to sleep on him. He claims it is his temperature that lulls them to sleep :)
After the fish fry I bathed Bruce to get all the pollen and baby sunblock off of him. He passed right out.
Sleeping with a furrowed brow.
Sleeping in his boppy. He is the little spoon.
We have moved his swing into his room (for now at least). As long as I have a sleep-swaddle-snuggle-sac on him AND put him in his swing, he will sleep for at least one 5 plus hour stint at night. We learned that the swing times out after four hours (I used to believe we had a ghost issue) so if I wake up and see it's off I get up to go push the buttons to get it going again. I cross my fingers the swinging start up mechanism doesn't freak out and wake him up.
I love our video monitor. It makes my move back into my own bed easier when I can listen for his cries AND watch for the crazy eyes when determining whether or not to get up for him. He is great at waking up and being lulled back to sleep thanks to the swing. All of which I can watch with one eye forced open laying in bed. Thank God for that swing.
