Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Games are ON!!!




I get to have my party!!! I'm so excited!!! Next weekend I will host my very first Olympic Field day with family and family friends. Evites were sent out. So far I have about 12 people. I am waiting to hear back on a few more. Hopefully they can make it!!! Those who couldn't make it... this will be a dress rehearsal to us doing this again, for sure!!

In the works:
1) Creating gold, silver, and bronze medals. I plan on getting ribbon and metal washers, painting the washers and decoupaging a logo on each.

2) Committing to a game plan. I'm thinking we will go to the field first for track and field events: Hammer throw, Long jump, Punt-Pass-Kick, Discus (frisbee), Torch relay race/obstacle course, 3 legged race. Then we can go back to the house to do other events: Source of Life (soak up pool water with a sponge and bring it to fill a 2-liter timed event against other teams(this game came from a Hunger Games field day some teachers did-I'm Katniss! lol jk)), balloon shaving, cannon ball splash, brick dive.

3) Collecting all the little things needed to play about 10 games that day:
     -Hammers
     -shaving cream
     -about five 2 liter bottles
     -sponges
     -bricks
     -balloons
     -headbands
     -footballs
     -frisbees
     -"torch"



So excited!!