What a year this has been!!! Our 2012 calender is chock full of memorable moments. Weddings to attend; including our own, vacations to enjoy; and birthdays to celebrate.
Well last week the trips and hits kept coming. Late Friday evening Dan was prepped and sent into surgery to remove his gallbladder. He had been battling attacks for several weeks so when it was decided that it had to be taken out we were both a bit relieved to know there was a solution. We scheduled it quickly and got to it. Here he is, chipper as ever, prior to the big event.
Dan's mom came and shared in the fun. We sat in the pre-op space freezing our rear ends off. Dan was on hour twenty of fasting. Joan and I were starving as well but decided to wait until he went back with the doctors before we ever would eat in front of him. Poor thing.
The surgery went pretty fast but we caught the shift change and had to wait hours before we could see him. We met him in his hospital room for an overnight stay. He was in and out of sleep, mostly out. Unfortunately he didn't even say any drug induced silly stuff. Huge bummer.
The Surgeon was so great explaining that everything went well. They could tell his gallbladder had been messed up for quite some time and that everything else looked good. Thanks to everyone who prayed for him along the way!!
On the door jam for his room they set up this magnet. I believe it means that if he slips his eye will pop out like a sick goldfish. I am happy to report we avoided all tripping hazards the entire stay. His eyes are normal.
The hand wash warning sign said, "STOP, collaborate and listen, wash your hands."
Dan got to go home Saturday afternoon. He gingerly walked around the house a few times then passed out. Sunday he was feeling a little worse for wear but was well enough that I packed him up, stuck him in the Mazda and drove to Houston for our "TWO CHRISTMASES"!!! Please enjoy the little clip below. We spent Christmas Eve with the Fike's then Christmas Day with the Woofenhoffen's (Wamhoff's). We are truly blessed to be able to see both sides of the family for the holidays!!
While at the Fike's, Lily actually saw a cat when we pointed it out and she chased it up a tree!! She is SO fierce. That cat had to watch out or it might have been loved to death by Lily. And Tia was so on top of it too.
Here are just a few pictures from Christmas eve.
Ari enjoyed the bejeweled bottle of firewater we got her.
Lily got a squeaky toy from Santa That girl just loves to make noise. I'll have you know that half the stuffing was out by the next morning. Check out Tia admiring from close by.
Lily was a nut. She just loved going from person to person the whole evening. To calm her down I let her stare at a bag of her treats. Every so often I would give her one to encourage the patience.
Mamaw gave mom a gloriously gaudy tiger shirt. Someone shouted, "It's a picture of Lily's mom"! Lily went over to confirm that yes, it very well could be a picture of her tiger mother.
Lily loves her Gran-gran. She did her slow army crawl into his lap several times that evening.
THEN...Dad got a huge tiger beach towel and someone shouted, "It's lily's Tiger Father!!" I do believe my dad did a Darth Vader voice, "Lily, I am your father".
My Mom got Tiger eyes from my Aunt Michelle and Uncle Brandon. It took her approximately two seconds to bring it to her face as seen below.
Christmas day we spent at the Wamhoff's. We had a great time together! We ate like kings and watched a slide show that Katie put together from our trip back in November. I did not cry though I thought about it.
The wind was howling the whole day!!! Our phones kept getting storm alerts and tornado watches and wind advisories. I left my phone on silent the rest of the day and recorded the day with just my mind. I don't have to share everything. Of which I am sure you are thankful :)
I hope you had a great Christmas full of family and warm fuzzy memories! Happy Birthday, Jesus! Thank you for my big, huge, crazy family!!