Dan and I were lucky enough to spend time celebrating my brother Branden's wedding to a beautiful young lady, Jessica. We are so lucky to have her in the family! Below are some pictures from the trip.
Classic instagram photo basically projecting, "look, I'm in a plane! You cannot deny that I am world traveler".
We got there a wee bit early so to waste time before check in we wandered the cold, deserted, original strip. There was a bar called La Bayou with some girls in Mardi Gras float costumes standing out front. I had half a mind to ask the girls if I could switch outfits with them.
Dan's new diet restrictions encourage us to eat Asian cuisine more frequently than not. So we went for some...SUSHI!!! Always a treat.
The day of the wedding, Branden and Jess had lunch with us. They seemed so relaxed and excited for the ceremony. It was a real treat to be with them before it. Heading back to the hotel, mom asked Branden to coach Ari on her first gambling experience. They played Blackjack and he helped her come out a winner. Though he did say she made a risky move he wouldn't have made but explained that it helped both of them beat the dealer. Way to go team!
Mom and I made them reenact their cashier pay out. Kodak Moment.
Later we were on a mission to get chap stick. The silver robot man on the street needs to shop at Walgreens too.
The Fike's after the wedding
The happy couple!!! This is right before they cut the cake.
After the wedding and dinner a group of us went to check out the old strip light show.
We eventually made our way to the new strip and wandered around for HOURS!!
The next day's adventures included the Shark Tank at the Mandalay Bay
Bellagio
The gardens at the Bellagio with polar bears made of carnations. High Five.
Fam-jam
Ari and I at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar
The only picture I got from a Cirque show before the attendants yelled at me that I was busted big time. No pictures allowed.
I think this is the Cosmopolitan. Beautiful atrium with sparkly amazing-ness. We ate at Holstein's, a fancy burger joint, with pictures of creepy japanime cows everywhere. Dan ate rabbit food, aka his fifteenth salad of the week.
The view from my parents hotel at the VDARA, not the Aria. I made this mistake earlier. Dan and I were headed to meet them one morning and I walked us all the way up to room 7034 (I'll never forget that number) in the Vdara, banged on the door and no one let me in. I called my dad and he opened his door, we were not there, and the door we were in front of never opened. Wrong hotel. Huge mistake in Vegas because then you get to walk 2 miles to make up for my mistake. I was miserable.
Once in the correct room I took a picture of their view. When looking out of our hotel room at the Golden Nugget it took me two days to notice the mountains. I'm a little short sighted, turns out.
The fountains at the Bellagio
It was the NF Rodeo that week and we were so thankful. It felt like home seeing everyone in wranglers and boots. Dan got asked on multiple occasions if he was part of the rodeo. To which we both took turns responding, "no, we just dress like this".
Cesar dressed for the rodeo
The Canal Shoppes at the Venetian.
My dad using the tiny smart phone screen and being cute with his hoodie.
Needless to say we were all over the place. It's hard not to want to be everywhere in a city like that. Dan and I had a great time with the family. I am so proud of my big brother! He has a great future with Jess. Can't wait to see them next!!!