We sent out our very first Christmas card this year. I had so much fun figuring out what I wanted it to be. I had it designed on two websites with several options ready to go while I waited for the best deals to go up and I could order.
Well this trend has been floating around with people putting other people, kids, couples, animals in lights. It had a huge jump start with this photo of Ryan Gosling in lights from a movie he was in last year. "Hey girl", haven't seen the movie but apparently he is a gift to his lady friend, I don't know? Either way you cut it, this was the inspiration for our Christmas card. Moving on.

I had two photo shoots with Lily trying to get this magic to happen for me. It was a mess. Enjoy.
She kept dropping her head to shake the lights off so I got desperate and wrapped it around her snout. It's just awful. I snuggled her later to apologize. She looks so miserable lol You can just imagine all the mean things she was thinking about me.
The lighting was all wrong outside and the poor dog was way past demoralized so I ended the shoot and a few weeks later I tried again. I moved our act into the living room to use the neutral background and dim lit lights all around to illuminate her.
She hated it already.
"Mom! I'm over it"
"Goodbye"
I put her lights picture on the backside of our card after Dan expressed his desire to have a "normal" picture of all us. So I went a littel further with it and acted like I quoted her. The lines below I ended up ditching but I still think it was a good option.
This was the actually back of the card. She looks so cute!! And note the Home Alone quote! Merry Christmas!