I am happy to report that New Year's 2013 is so far so great! The party with the family went off quite nicely and I feel confident in saying that everyone had a good time.
Here are some before and during shots plus a few videos to include you in on the fun. Thank you, Joan for sending me your videos and pictures to make this post way bettah!
To prepare for the big party Dan bought sand to fill in potential trip hazards to and from the barn. He texted this picture to me one day while I was at work. I was very jealous. At that moment I would have rather been shoveling sand than pushing paper. They don't pay me because it's fun.
We bought a propane flame throwing to clear the brush/weeds around the pond. It really did a bang-up job. Everything looks so nice out there. Unfortunately the smoke did a number on Dan's lungs. Next time he will wear a mask. Lesson definitely learned.
The house really came together. I wanted a ton of different things for my guests to look at. This is the photo op wall with numbers to pose with.
My mom brought all of her LSU paraphernalia complete with purple (pink) lights. She took over for the game.
Table-scape with candies and party accessories.
Dad silently sat by as mom took over. You can almost see him rolling his eyes. I sure was.
It was a cold and rainy day. Luckily we knew this a week out and were ready for the poor weather. Before the storms hit and the LSU game started we all headed out to light the bonfire. Dan did use his new propane famle thrower to light it. That thing worked like a charm. I had to play the Aggie War hymn in the background. It only seems right when that many Aggies gather around a bonfire to play their theme song. I am a sucker for tradition and I have totally adopted theirs. We all stayed near the fire, some with umbrellas and some without, to let it dry out semi soaked outfits.
I just love our group pictures!!! We look so cute!!
Then the boys...us girls made them put on top hats and other party gear, they tried to resist but ended up taking out their frustrations by acting goofy. Works for me.
LSU played Clemson that evening. Dan agreed to wear the feathers if I put on my helmet. Little did he know I would wear the helmet regardless. I win.
I just knew I would have a crowd of fun sock wearers!!! I literally called each girl out by name and they did not disappoint: Kelly, Ari, Kameron and I rocked out!
Gran-gran with his girl dog Lexi. Lexi did not make friends with Lily, despite Lily's best efforts. I think after all the growling Lexi did Lily started to growl back thinking this was the way to best communicate with her.
Celia and Chris came over in time to watch the end of the game and spend the rest of the evening with us. My confetti partner was there!!
LSU ended up losing the game, sadface, but we all rallied and headed out for some fireworks. Compliments of our friends Greg and Kritsy. It was raining the whole entire time, some heavy bouts but always constant rain. My dad, Dan, and I took turns lighting and running into the barn. I hope everyone enjoyed watching me look like a complete fool, a wet rat, wearing heavy boots, acting confident as I would light the fuse then completely flip my lid once the fuse caught I would run like a banchee into the barn.
Dan and I looked quite awful after the rain/firework fest. I should have changed my clothes but the show must go on.
Just before midnight a few of us headed to the porch for a few rounds of ladder ball. Ari beat everyone. Which is typical. Ari has a knack for party games.
When the clock struck twelve the house erupted in cheers!
Dan the man took the stage for his second annual machete chop champagne bottle opening. He is getting quite good a this.
Silly Sisters.
Tia hid in the guest room. Her safe place from loud firework sounds and scary people.
After midnight we went from one bear to another.
We always need confetti so a few of us went to laugh and scream and toss confetti and the rest came out to watch the craziness. We always mean to entertain.
Thanks to everyone who made it to the party. It was a lot of fun to prep for and enjoy. Here's to a happy, healthy, and holy 2013!!