Monday, January 14, 2013

Rain, Rain Go Away

Last week during the deluge of rain I was home sick for most of it. I gots the bronchitis. So in between doctor's visits and rereading the Hunger Games trilogy (Yes, I read all three last week. Obsessed.) I ventured out to document the flood prone areas of our yard. Dan wants to dig drainage and add rocks and whatever else to avoid these collections of water on the regular. 


The previous owners left that mop bucket in the barn when they moved. I scrubbed it up and leave it in the car port most days. But thanks to the wind tunnel there it always ends up strewn across the yard like that. Whatever. You can see the water in the back ground...and it looks like Dan's mustang is sinking. Which it very well might be. I'm not sure he will be able to get it out of that position until it dries up. I did move the mop bucket back to its carport home. 

 My poor flowers were drowning :( 


The pond and the back there aren't an issue. I just wanted to take a picture.  The pond has a pipe that lets the overflow go to the land behind us. Dan may want to eventually fix the drainage in the back area since his latest idea is to plant a 16th century strand of wheat for us to grow and make bread with. I'm not sure who he thinks is going to be preparing that wheat for bread but...whatever. Maybe when we retire after winning the lottery. We'll send you a loaf. 



This.. this right here is a problem. This is a Defcon color/number that means it's serious.