Monday, February 25, 2013

Fish and Lights

This past weekend the St John youth hosted a fish fry to raise money for their trip to the national youth gathering in July. The church has the food trailer set up down to a science. We have a fry trailer, red, and the set up/selling trailer in white. With all the kids and adults the set up went quick and easy.



We all take turns holding posters and getting folks to turn in. This resourceful 8th grader put a nearby crepe myrtle to work. 

The kids were most often hard working with just a few moments of cell phone calling involved. lol


While all that was going on Dan came home from Houston and put in work. I must brag on him for a bit. He did an amazing job of putting in can lights for our kitchen. The lighting is so much nicer than the florescent lights. 


 I'd be perfectly fine with the florescents being undone as shown above ( lawd, I sure hated those funky lights...) but I am spoiled with a perfectionist do-gooder so he has already taken them down and covered the holes with drywall.  


Next up, the finishing touches. Super excited about the updated lights. I'm going for a farmhouse look so the round shaped globe is going over the kitchen table and something like the pendant with the top shade/hat will go over the sink and one over the island. They were out of stock on Sunday, thankfully so since Dan had worked hard enough on all the other stuff. 


My new obsession, Edison lights. So bomb.


I'll post more pics of the progress in the coming weeks. 

Geaux Dan!