Monday, February 4, 2013

Majestic Krewe of Aurora 2013

The Majestic Krewe of Aurora, Port Arthur, Texas pulled out all the stops once again with their 2013 ball. I got to decorate our Clear Channel table for the event so I got early access to the venue and got some great pictures of the royalty members' costumes.  The women wore these contraptions like back packs so the feathers were high above their heads, then they had to wear the whole thing while throwing beads and being pushed around on a platform through the crowd. Though I'd love to wear one of these for a photo op, I am not jealous of those girls. They was werkin'. 

  


I've decided that if I ever was in the krewe and a royal court member, after the night of the ball I would post my feather back pack dealio on a wall in my house. Maybe on the mantle, like a dead, stuffed moose. 





Just outside the big room they had several of these set up. The "fire place" even "flickered". Very romantic. 


 Before

During


 Before and after table. I brought a lot of unused New Years decor and actually some of the stuff from my bachlorette party to re purpose for this event so the table was a mix of themes: Valentines, Mardi Gras and Texas/cowboy.





 The hats were from my bachlorette party in New Orleans. I'm glad I got some fun re-use out of them. I kept a  few at home for the memories. 


I took pictures of some other tables to be inspired for future years. 




Yes, those are trolls in the wine glasses. 










Me and Celia


 My table of party people! 


We caught a lot of really nice beads and the whole crowd was dancing their buns off the whole night.  It is always fun to see well dressed adults let down their hair and get crunk...and be one those people too. 

Happy almost Mardi Gras! Next up...the parade(s)!!!


Here is a video of one of the court members this year doing her thang. You can see she is on a platform that four guys push her through the crowd and hand her beads/ glow necklaces/ whatever to throw. Great music too! Then her partner, also being pushed, meets her at the middle point and they share a smooch! Love it!!!