Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lassiez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

Last weekend I got the chance to ride on TWO floats!! One with Valero thanks to my friend, Celia, and one  with Clear Channel. 

Celia and I took a picture with Ms. Barbara below. She sets up all the Valero appearances and coordinates volunteers. She is such a gracious hostess and got us some super great beads to throw...most of which we kept for ourselves. haha. 


We were float number one behind the Budweiser Clydesdales!! You can see the Dalmatian standing on the back of the carriage. Also note the coolest leg warmers I have ever seen on the women below. Where do I find these and how much?! 


The Clydesdales led the way...



The grosser the pose in the pictures, the better the Mardi Gras, I always say. We had a lot of space at the front. Celia suggested we be complete jerks and start a mosh pit right there. 



All floats line up along a canal. 



The valero float is a true double decker. We took the bottom floor and thankfully so because there were several instances where we had to stop up and the DJ would announce to the top floor to duck under power lines...



The DJ operated from the truck bed that was pulling us along. He had a great set up. Sound board, mic, flags = perfection. 


Every rider got a goodie bag full of nice beads and extra throws. 


We had just pulled away from the water wall staging area then had to pause for ....I don't know...a golf cart and four wheeler parade? so weird. While waiting for that to pass we enjoyed the dance moves of these three crazy kids. They air guitar'd for a good twenty minutes. 


Each float has designated walkers that keep people away from the float for safety's sake. They keep a stash of beads on them to make nice with the ever encroaching crowd. 


Action shot.

Nice lady with airbrushed shirt.


Thumbs up for the airbrushed shirt.


I JUST missed recording this guy doing the worm on the ground! So upset...but I did get him styling as he was encouraged/pushed down the road by his significant other. This really is what it's all about; crazy, silly people dancing and jumping for beads. 


Another video of the float in action. You can enjoy Celia's reaction to accidentally hitting a lady with her beads. 


When I got home Mike, Kelly, Brandon and Bailey were there ready to go for the next day's float ride. 

Bailey acted weird. Go figure. 



The dogs finally destroyed the toy santa Lily had been working on.



Them staring at the fluff. Bye-Bye, Santa.



 Saturday, before the float picture! My little Mardi Gras babies! 


Clear Channel picture




Before the float rides it is one big block party tailgate deal. You can walk from float to float and people watch or you can visit the port a potty like these kids did. Gig em.

The Clydesdales led this parade as well. 


 Dan brought his gross boots. Perfect for a float ride.



The girls out doing the wobble. I made sure to get no faces because everyone wants to do the wobble but no one wants to admit it. 



Tug boat! 




The only casualty of the night was a hook slice to the shorts. Poor Mikey. 


We all had a great time and hopefully we can do it again...I would also like to add that Dan once again brought up building his own float.. this time out of a pontoon house boat so we can boat in it then hitch it up and use it as a float in the parade. Sounds like a plan to me! I hope you had great Mardi Gras.

Let the Lenten Season begin..I am ready for some moderation.