Monday, March 25, 2013

B.A. Kids

The GABA Family: Greg, A, Brenner and Audry, of course, came to visit this past weekend.  And time really flew. I forget how much stuff we have at our disposal to entertain little people with... besides the dangers that lurk at a non-kid-safe home...but anyway... 

They got there Friday night and we kept moving from one activity to another. I said something to the effect of we may be encouraging ADD like behavior...onto the next activity...onto the next one, onto the next one (sing it like the Jay Z song...). Here are a few pictures from the weekend. 

Greg and Brenner went boating...

Uncle Danny joined in on the fun.



We fed the catfish.


I got out the flags to mark the places where the ant piles were. I felt sooo bad I didn't kill the piles before they came over. Big time fail. Well the kids ran straight for the flags so it turned into a scarier moment until A just had Lil A have a color guard moment. That worked. 


Greg helped Lily get all huggy-bear-kissy face with Aud. Lily loves her some Lil A

Big puppy cuddles


Saturday morning, Greg calls us during his quick run to the grocery store and says there is a parade going on. So we all pile into the car for a morning parade and breakfast at the local diner.  It turned out to be a little league parade...? Complete with a few firetrucks. 




The Red car got to go "up, up up".

We watched some fun movies. 

Dan and Brenner tore it up on the John Deere. 


Both kids played with Mardi Gras beads, much to my delight, and we played horsey with the kids as Lily tried to chase us down.  It was a super fun time! 

Here is an after picture of Lily. After the kiddos left the cat passed out. 


Building memories with that young family is the best! Dan and I loved how fast the kids got comfortable with us and we are excited for the future; for the years to come when the kids get older and we will get to keep them for maybe a week in the summer to hang out with us while their parents go on some exotic beach vacay...