The main goal of the weekend was to travel to Forest Hill, Louisiana to buy big plants for cheap. The live oaks we have are to die for (Rachel Zoe would say, "I die for them") so we wanted more...for cheap. We have been talking about going there forever so we finally made plans to. They have on two roads about twenty or so nurseries, some retail and some wholesale with some as a combo.
Our precious live oaks at home. They needed friends.
We had such a fun time on the drive. We stopped at a gas station for drinks and snacks and I stumbled upon the most beautiful jewelry display ever known to man. I mean, these hoop earrings are bigger than my fist. BUT they were $11 dollars soo... I reluctantly walked away. Isn't that such a great picture though?! I mean dang.
Driving away we ripped open our snacks and Dan said "who's mouth is this chip for?!" Don't let the chip to face ratio throw you off, Dan has an extra large cranium, so think about how big that chip is now.... yup. Big chip.
After getting five trees, nine azaleas and one crepe myrtle we still had a bit of money to burn so I got to get my hoop earrings!! I was having a J Lo moment. So sick. I die.
Forest Hill, LA was a huge success. We may have even gotten away with paying just a third of the cost of the same stuff if we had bought them in Texas!! And I sure enjoyed seeing "the Boot" sign on every road while wearing my new earrings.
