Friday afternoon I got a call from my best friend and hella pregnant lady Celia..."We are headed to the hospital". At long last baby Jude was ready to go. It was 3 in the afternoon and during the seven minute phone call she experienced two contractions! Celia let me know to contact her mom for updates. YAY!!
Poor Mommy Celia had been in labor since three in the morning that Friday, she held out at home preferring to be in her own space as long as it was safely possible. She had an app on her phone to help her count the contractions (I'ma need to get that app).
Jude was born early Saturday morning 8/3/13
6lbs 13oz
18" long
We got to visit the healthy Mom and babe Saturday Afternoon. My mom and sister were in town and all 3 of us were super excited to hold the 12 hour new baby.
I walked in and the baby was in the little rolling crib and Celia in her bed and I just lost it. It was so amazing to see the baby on his own, separate from Celia. It still makes me emotional thinking about it.
Celia's mom, Linda, told me I was just in time to give the baby a diaper change...I had just watched a youtube on how to do it so I was feeling pretty confident. Haha. And the baby was so stout. I had been so worried that he would be too fragile for me to handle but he was a little tough guy. AND the diaper was just wet, no doo-doo-ka-ka. So, lucky me.
He was so awake when we got there and made baby coo sounds and yawned. He really gave us a good show. And his cries were just precious. The experienced moms in the room talked about how God really knows what he is doing. He gives you this miracle and you get to grow together. At first his cries aren't too loud, he isn't too heavy, and he sleeps a lot. You have the time to get your routine down before the volume raises on the cries and he is awake more often for you to handle. God is good.
Celia let us pass him around the whole time. It was so very generous, I thought. Then when we handed him back to her she just glowed while holding that baby of hers.
Celia is the one I talk to most often about pregnancy. She is a font of helpful and scientific (non-wives tale versions) of information. She has started the wave of babies for baby season in my world. Jude is baby 1 of five I pray to know before the end of January. The Loomis/Wamhoff's will be bringing in a tide of newbies next. Can you imagine how crazy graduation years are going to be?! Whoop!
Congratulations Celia, Chris, and baby Jude!! Welcome to the world!


