Sunday night we headed to Baton Rouge where I got to enjoy my first wifey trip while the husband worked. Week 25. Ready to travel.
I spent the work hours with Dan's coworker's wife, Jennifer, and her son, Luke. We started the day off with Breakfast at Louie's, a 24 hour diner right off LSU's Northgate. My knowledge of the city is restricted to campus, pretty much.
Then off to see the wizard, I mean Tiger.
The "Tiger Man" was there. Thank goodness! The tiger loves this guy. I didn't get him in this shot very well. I'm a bad paparazzi, BUT he crouches and hides and the tiger stalks around and then play fights him at the window. So very cool.
Luke (age 1 1/2 ish) was semi interested in the exhibit but got very excited when we passed a parked gator golfcart. lol
Next we went Downtown BR for a quick in and out go-see of some old firetrucks then off to the USS Kid. It was hot. Both Jennifer and I are pregnant so we were on the same wavelength then entire day which was awesome. With her I got to preview my future. Up the stairs, down the stairs, tears and screams of I want to go this way but we have already been there done that, gotta do it again anyways. She got a great workout.
Leaving, Luke was rosey cheeked and ready for AC. I did not take any pictures of Jennifer and I for obvious reasons; we were melting and ain't nobody got time for that.
We took a long nap break in the heat of the day. So necessary. The men got back from work and we went to dinner...again near campus lol Dan and I split off and went back to...guess where...CAMPUS lol and saw Mike the Tiger again. Took some, I'm pregnant on campus shots.
Here I thought about lying on the ground and acting like the statue was going to eat my stomach then I thought, better not. Don't want to have to roll on my side off those stairs to get vertical again. Awkward turtle.
Mike was napping. That's a big cat.
He totally lifted his head from napping and looked over at us like he knew I loved him and wanted to to see his pretty face.
Dan has decided that my parents should look in to wrapping their RV like this.
...and their truck too.
Thanks BR. You are awesome! Can't wait till next time. Geaux Tigers!!!

