Thursday, April 3, 2014

Getting The Hang Of Things

I'm getting better at remembering that I have a baby all the time. I mean, I haven't had one for 26 years then all of a sudden, I do. You can't blame me. Plus I hadn't been running on all cylinders over the past three months what with recovering from major surgery (c-section) and my hormones messing up my brain.


One time I went to get the mail while Bruce was sleeping. I figured it was a quick trip and I wouldn't set up the monitor to bring with me. On my way back to the house I started wandering the front yard checking on my plants. A few minutes went by when it dawned on me that I had a baby and I should go check on him.

Then one evening I started cooking dinner and left the baby on his tummy time mat. I went to cooking, doing my usual routine of staring down my pantry for ingredients and so on, having a pretty good time. A few minutes had passed when I realized I had a baby and should probably go check on him.

This does not happen often, I promise. And it is so goofy when I realize I have a baby. I MEAN, I HAVE A BABY!!! haha...crazy right?!

The third month has been such a relief.  It is safe to say that Bruce will not be an only child. Up until this point I was certain he would be. We are still going through diapers like crazy. We are still having bouts of crying where he wont accept my soothing. But he is mostly sleeping through the night and going to bed between 8 and ten as opposed to midnight or one, like before. I feel like a whole new lady. I'm better able to problem solve and make his life easier and therefore my life as well.

My new favorite pastime, matching faces: