Monday, July 23, 2012

You're my boy, BLUE!!!

I finally painted the red wall in our living room and I am sooooo excited it worked out. It feels more like OUR house rather than the previous owners. I had been on the hunt for the right blue for months now. I collected swatches, stalked houzz.com, searched Pinterest, etc, etc...It was on Pinterest when I saw the picture below and it was made certain in my mind that I was on the right track. I had been wanting to do accents of chartruese or mustard yellow with a big blue wall for a long time now. The wall behind the TV had about four different blues on it for weeks while I was testing shades. I finally found my "navy blue, but still blue-blue, but not black color" lol.






Here we are at the half way point. This was a real opportunity to show my Texas pride. I could have used primer to paint a huge Texas Star on the left behind the TV and then paint white on top of half of the red. Can you imagine Dan's face walking in to see that?! hahahahaha If I had gone through with it, though, I would not have changed it. Seriously. 




We did laundry again as you can see on the blue chair. No Tostitos this time, poor Lily. To see what I am talking about click Here




I still have the painstaking job of painting the second coat of "cutting the edge" (or whatever you call using a tiny paintbrush because you're a perfectionist about edges) on top right wall with the blue.
Where's Waldo/Lily? Camo dog, for sure.


Almost finished product! I'm thinking the next living room project will be to disassemble the fans and refinish them with a dark rubbed bronze color. And new glass cone thingies. The rubbed bronze will match all the other metal in the house....oh. nope. I would still have to refinish all the door knobs. Booooo. 



Next up, throw pillows to bring it all together. I love the yellow in the elephant picture up top. I want to stick to my guns, but perhaps that won't work with the cobblestone fireplace. The house is too country to pull off such a bold color pairing.  The pillows below from Pottery Barn bring me new inspiration. I mean we still have saloon doors in the house. 

Ferada Kilim Pillow Covers