For our first anniversary Dan agreed to take a trip with me to Branson, my fav childhood vacation spot. The last number of visits I remember from there was at 13. Be impressed. My trip down memory lane included flying Southwest. I was sad to find out they no longer had the family section with the two rows that face each other...aka ones to put your feet up on. Sadness.
No family section but the flight crew WAS on point with the dry humor. They went through the normal safety info speech. We started the taxi ride and a cell phone goes off. The nice stewardess straight called the person out. "We hear it ringing. Turn it off". Everyone busted out laughing like we are all students in high school with a sub takeover and the sub is actually up to snuff. Always a shocker.
We then experienced the worst turbulence I have ever been in. It didn't last long but the dips and shakes were violent and scary. And then when we landed we hit the ground so hard that half the people screamed and the other half laughed; I guess happy we lived through it. The funny sub lady got on the mic, "We're here." Clearly.
She then got onto people for taking off their seat belt too soon and standing up before we "came to a complete stop at the gate". When we finally did she came on and said, "Get out". I like her style.
The Branson airport set the tone for the rest of the trip. Loved it. These pictures are right at the gate, or well gates, all four of them.
All of their seats were like this. They had a fish pond right there. I bought them fish food and they ate none of it.
Rental car sexy!! Oh and it was raining.
We are traveling though the mountains!! (sing it in your head...) ChildhoooOOOODDD! Love me some Ozark action.
The trip to childhood even included fruit roll-ups which were included in a goody bag the condo people gave us. I am very excited in this picture.
It was about 44 degrees out. Time to hit up the amusement park!!
I love a good coffin photo op. Also I am now noticing how grossly hyper-extended my knee is. Yucky.
It was roller coaster ride after roller coaster ride. No lines, so cold, deep belly laughs, and tears from the cold wind. Worth it. Dan and I were like little kids running circles to get back in line to ride the middle, front and back of each coaster. I preferred the middle and Dan liked the front. We would die laughing on the slow ride back to the "coaster depot" each time recounting our individual stories during the ride that we couldn't get out through the twist and turns with the G-Forces messing with us. My stories usually included my concern of having had my drool hit the person behind me.
This was our best picture that I not so sneakily took from their computer display thanks to my iPhone.
There were many free shows at the park each day. We chose to see GAC country nights on day one. We were the first ones there so Dan took a "token solo shot" and giggled about his step/half/brother in law-sorda-kinda's many pictures he has accumulated with this trademarked pose. Thanks Adam for the inspiration.
Eventually about twenty more people showed up. No private show for us.
The show was awesome. This guy was the host, Gary or Jerry.
All these singy-dancy people performed a bunch of songs and even sang us some Jesus songs we knew.
Cooky-crazy lady was dressed up trying to be a "real cowboy". Her outfit further proved Dan's assumption that she was my mother's soul mate best friend/twin.
This was the band director. His multicolored dream coat sparkled purple, gold, and green. I had half a mind to steal it off his back for next year's Mardi Gras.
Here are two short clips, they were the same video but had to be chopped to make it from my phone. She is taking a quiz to prove she is a real cowboy to earn a sheriff's badge. She totally is my mom's twin. Complete ham.
Did I mention it was 44 degrees out? Red noses.
Day one done. Super, super fun.