Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Branson Day 3 and 4

Saturday we took it easy. Visited some craft and antique malls. Found toilet inspiration for Joan. Had our ears assaulted by some old man on a boom box with a mic singing George Straight. Got called out by a hillbilly when we found nothing at the craft malls to buy. I don't want apple butter. I don't like it. And I have plenty of coffee mugs and shot glasses. 


I made Dan pose in front of the Dam he made us go see after he pouted when I wouldn't let us go on the Dam Tour. He just wants to say he went on a "dam" tour. I'd rather we wait for our next visit to Vegas to go see the Hoover dam. That one is the best. Also I was in a right foul mood at the time and couldn't handle an organized tour.  



That night we went to the Pierce Arrow show. Everyone told us that the ticket price is worth it just to hear the comedian. We thought he had a bigger part in it. We were wrong. We were at a sing-songy, typical Branson show. Dan and I got the church giggles throughout and didn't clap for much. We don't like awkward sing-alongs and getting stared at when the "stars" would sing in our direction. 

No photography was allowed so I took a picture of this billboard. It shows all the super singers. One guy was Luke Minard (sp?) from American Idol. He sings like a girl. And the bald guy has a Guinness record for the lowest sung note...or something like that. He got that boom ba doom doom bass. That super bass. 


The comic WAS amazing. He was a pest control person at first named Ray B. Then he was Cecil Watkins, a not so Baptist minister. You might enjoy his mish-mash version of the old bible stories shown here in this youtube.  "Can I get a 'Honolulu'?!!!...I wanna go there"!




Day four, Sunday we went back to Silver Dollar City to soak it up one last time and get a few things. 
Mom: they still make these dolls! I had one just like it years ago. 


Our flight home was less dramatic. And the drive home lasted forever. When we got back home to Kountze Dan had a nibble of our gluten filled cake topper and I ate the rest. Happy Anniversary-ta-us.