Flower update. Everything is coming up Roses...or alyssum.
This past week after a good set of storms rolled through Kountze I finally got some flowers showing between the mass of green in my flower beds.
Alyssum from seed.
Louisiana Iris from transplant that is/was growing wild in our yard.
And these delicate little whatevers. Once the marigolds you can see the leaves to start growing in the heat, they will take over. Both from seed.
Dan and I traveled to Houston this weekend. Last weekend we hit up Pat-O's Piano Bar in Nola. This week we went to Pete's on Friday then Howl at the Moon on Saturday. I have no pictures from Pete's and you can thank me later because that stuff was scandalous. My crew was not but everyone there was. It was quite a show. Next time I see you in person I will tell you about it.
Saturday was Fike Kids Family night.
We made Brad do this.
When the super awesome band covered the song Thrift Shop the lead singer put on a "dookie brown jacket" and rocked out! It was super impressive. I was only slightly disappointedwhen I found out that the dookie brown jacket wasn't a bear costume like I thought it had been all night leading up to this. It was hanging on a hook on the stage and I was really hoping someone would don a bear suit. C'est la vie.
We rounded out the night with our favorite pose. From now on, anytime the four of us are together we will do this. Also when more of the fam is around we can totally put them in for added awesomeness.
12-13-12 original pose
We're getting really good at this.
