Monday, June 3, 2013

Baby Dan Wam

Dan and I are so excited to announce that we are pregnant with our first bambino!!!

I am somewhere around 12 weeks along and some strange things have been going on.

This is the ultrasound from the 6/8 week point (at one time we had a firm due date but it's gotten a little fuzzy so we expect this kid to appear in the middle of December give or take a week...or two. I have no idea lol).

It was teeny tiny but the Ultrasound tech said it had a very strong heart for her guessed gestational age. Our kid's first compliment!!! Looking at the screen you could see it's little primitive heart beating. Sorry it's sideways. We paid for an elective U/S. 


I am experiencing the usual first trimester tired, sleepy, exhausted stuff.

Can't eat half of what I used to be able to.

But then there is the flip side. Hunger. I have never known hunger like this. It's almost desperate...like I should wallow/crawl the floor looking for spilled crackers because I feel like I'm wasting away. Super weird.

No real cravings but a little bit of wanting red meat and spinach (not sure why because my iron is in a healthy range, thank goodness).

All kinds of strange pains going on, heartburn included.

My work pants make me mad. The way they sit at my stomach hurts and makes grumpy and overheated.

Taking prenatals at night with dinner. One pill contains sardines and anchovies. Enjoy that.

Nauseous, lightheaded. Bugs dying on the windshield does a number on my stomach.

I have not thrown up and only had the urge to every other day so far, (thank you teeth enamel gods!). Just get waves of feeling crappy a few times a day, sometime just for a few minutes and sometimes it lasts hours. Comes with the territory of a hostile takeover.

Moodiness. I almost yelled at an old man at Walmart for giving me what I thought was a dirty stare down when I used a check to pay at the counter. Have mercy on me.

Acne like crazy.

Crying spells for sure.

I have printed out my list of names that has been in my cell phone since it was a blackberry, super excited to  let Dan pick from it. lol

No weight gained. Definitively not "showing".

Looking forward to meeting my new Dr. and getting to ask all the questions I wasn't able to with my first doctor. Long story short, I broke up with him. Our styles of communication differ greatly and to save my sanity I figured it best to move on to greener pastures.

Dan has been amazing. For example, after both meetings with my old doctor I have left upset and confused about my progress and plan for the future. I was rushed and frankly, intimidated. This has been very confusing for Dan and I figuring how to handle this so going to the doctor was very much looked forward to. Unfortunately I've left each meeting feeling in the dark so I cried each time. Inconsolable. Dan tried so hard to make me feel better so he would get me a sprite and chocolate and blankets. And bonus! He totally had my back. He is my favorite.

According to the sources, the kid is the size of a peanut OR a grape OR a plum. So we will pick the middle option. A Grape.

Me with a grape.


Feeling very happy and lucky and healthy. I cannot wait to see Dan holding our baby. That will be my favorite. I feel a crying spell coming on.